TCSNQT is a national level test of General Aptitude for all final year B.Tech or engineering graduate or MCA students. For last 5 years almost 2 lakh students are appearing in TCS NQT exam every year. The increasing demand of TCSNQT has made this exam extremely competitive in recent times. TCQNQT takes place around August every year. The last date of registration of TCSNQT 2021 is 29th August.
Those who are interested to apply for the TCS NQT exam should check with the following eligibility criteria:
- PG, UG and Diploma students in their pre-final year or final year of B.Tech and MCA students.
- Students with any degree and specialization/ discipline.
- Fresh graduates with no more than 2 years of work experience
- Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 28 years
- A student should have a minimum of 60% or 6 CGPA
- Throughout the academic career the student should have a minimum of 60% or 6 CGPA and an aggregate of 60% or 6.00 CGPA in the latest semester of highest academic qualification.
- Candidates with discontinuity of more than 2 years in academic career are not eligible.
Depending on the candidate’s performance in the exam and interview they receive offers for TCS Ninja or TCS Digital. TCS Ninja qualified candidates get packages of 3.5 lakhs per annum and in TCS Digital profile candidates get offers of 7-8 lakhs per annum.
TCSNQT generally covers the following segments in the exam.
- Verbal Ability : To assess the reading comprehension and written communication. This section contains 24 Questions and time duration for this section is 30 minutes.
- Reasoning Ability : To test the candidate’s critical thinking and problem solving ability. This section contains 30 Questions and time duration for this section is 50 minutes.
- Numerical Ability: To test the basic skills of numerical methods and statistical operations. This section contains 26 Questions and time duration for this section is 40 minutes.
Ninja Hiring 2022
For TCS Ninja2022 hiring process, the following sections will also be included in the first round of selection.
There is no negative marking in the exam.
- Programming Logic : - To test the theoretical understanding of computation mechanisms. This section contains 10 Questions and time duration for this section is 15 minutes.
- Hands on Coding: – To check the advanced level programming skills. This section contains 2 (1+1) Questions and time duration for this section is 45 (15+30) minutes.
Detailed syllabus of TCS NQT is given below.
- Number System, LCM & HCF
- Numbers & Decimal Fractions
- Area, Shapes & Perimeter
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Ratios, Proportion
- Work and Time
- Speed Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Clocks & Calendar
- Series and Progressions
- Elementary Statistics
- Mean, Median, Mode, Variance, and Standard Deviation
- Data Interpretation
- Pie Charts
- Tabular DI
- Graphical DI
- Simplifications & Approximations
- Simplifications and Calculations (Rational and Irrational Number)
- Word Completion
- Sentence Completion
- Error Identification
- Formal or Informal Sentences, Sentence Joining
- Word Pattern
- Letter Series
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Data Arrangements
Figural and Factual Analysis
- Cube Folding, Paper Cuts and Folds
- Decision Making
- Data Sufficiency
- Statements Based
- Logical Venn Diagram Based DI
The following topics are important in this section
- Data Types
- Recursion and Iteration
- File Handling
- Variables and Registers
- Command Line Arguments
C Language Part 2
- Stacks and Queue
- Linked List
- Dynamic Programming and Greedy
- Searching and Sorting
- Time Complexity
Practice the following topics to strengthen this section: